What the Maharaj Institute Provides
Through a science-based approach, The Maharaj Institute focuses on helping all people—the healthy and those facing health issues—in the following ways:
- Providing everyone the opportunity to monitor, adjust and manage the health of their own immune system through a Wellness Anti-Inflammatory Program in the interest of living healthier and longer lives through health preservation.
- Giving those at risk today the means to battle disease and potentially avoid it tomorrow, including those who are cancer survivors but are at higher risk of future bouts with the disease.
- Measuring and developing strategies to improve immune dysfunction which occurs in patients suffering from cancer, recurrent infections, chronic diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, stroke, scleroderma and other autoimmune and chronic illnesses as well as disorders associated with aging and frailty.
- Helping the seriously ill regain their natural immune ability to fight and overcome aggressive diseases such as cancer and chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Preservation of Stem Cells/Immune Cells of healthy individuals by Collecting and Storing in a cryogenic bank adult and cord blood stem cells for future use.
- Educating health care professionals and conducting research to improve survival and quality of life of patients.
As we move into the new paradigm of personalized and precision medicine, the Maharaj Institute is uniquely positioned to combine years of clinical and laboratory experience with new innovations in Immunotherapy, Cellular Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, all while giving patients the highest level of compassion, professionalism and respect.
The Maharaj Institute is a JCAHO accredited and FDA Registered facility located at Bethesda Health City, adjacent to the Florida Turnpike in Boynton Beach, Florida. Bethesda Health City is a 20,000 square foot outpatient medical complex which offers a full range of services with easy access to a host of medical specialties, laboratories and diagnostic services.
The Institute is a purpose-built intensive ambulatory outpatient center clinic composed of:
- Clinical Unit – Much like in-patient units, these clinical units feature a central nursing station and private suites with private bathrooms, large flat-screen TV, Netflix, DVD and WIFI. There is also an on-site State of Florida Certified (797 Compliant) pharmacy. Patients are treated during daytime hours. No overnight stays are available.
- Apheresis Unit - Our facility is AABB accredited and one of the few in the United States in which an adult individual can privately collect and store his or her own healthy adult peripheral blood stem cells for use later in life as needed.
- Stem Cell Processing and Cryopreservation Laboratory. Our in-house stem-cell banking facility is AABB accredited and FDA registered.
The Institute Provides:
- Personalized, experienced, hands-on care by Dr. Maharaj, Medical Director of the Institute;
- Friendly, caring and compassionate team;
- Application of latest science-based treatments and precision medicine to improve patient outcomes;
- Proactive care to prevent treatment complications;
- Preventative care to wellness-minded individuals;
- Innovative research clinical trials and Scientific Collaborations with leading researchers
Maharaj Institute of Immune Regenerative Medicine
10301 Hagen Ranch Road
Boynton Beach, FL 33437
Phone: (561) 752-5522
Fax: (561) 752-5446
We welcome patients from overseas and from all over the country, including Boston, Texas, Florida, California and New York City.
Meet Dr. Dipnarine Maharaj, MB.Ch.B, MD, FRCP (Glasg), FRCP (Edin), FRCPath, FACP
Pioneering Immune Regenerative Medicine
With a personal desire to make a truly positive impact on people’s lives, Dr. Dipnarine Maharaj chose to study Hematology/Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation because that is where he felt he could make a real difference in the quality and advancement of health care. As a core component of that commitment, he has maintained a career-long dedication to learning and he has earned an impressive list of advanced degrees from some of the most respected medical schools in the world including the University of Glasgow Medical School in Glasgow, Scotland. As Dr. Maharaj puts it, “Earning advanced degrees and certifications is one way I express my dedication to my patients. My expertise, knowledge and skill become their ammunition in the battle with cancer and other disease states."
As part of his extensive work in cancer care and research, Dr. Maharaj focused on the healing power of the human immune system. He has dedicated his career to the concentrated study of the immune system and, specifically, the vital stem cells that give it its unique regenerative qualities. Dr. Maharaj is a renowned clinician who has been handling highly complex clinical cases and performing outpatient bone marrow stem cell transplant procedures for more than 10 years with the sole purpose of reducing the high risk of severe hospital-acquired infections. His research and clinical work has led to evidence of true advancements in the treatment—and even the prevention—of life-threatening diseases that have historically been difficult to manage.
In addition to his role as a doctor of medicine and research, Dr. Maharaj is also an accomplished author, teacher and sought-after lecturer and he is known and respected internationally. He has had numerous publications in journals such as Blood, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, British Medical Journal, British Journal of Hematology and The Lancet.